- How do I apply?
Firstly read our Information Booklet under the ‘Applications’ tab on our website. Once you understand how our rentals work, complete our Online Application.
- If I previously placed my name on the database, do I need to wait for a call-back before I apply?
No. You may go on to our website and complete an Online Application.
- May I apply if I am a Pensioner or a Social Grant Recipient?
If you are a Pensioner or a Social Grant Recipient, you may only be an occupant of a unit of someone whom does qualify to apply for our rentals.
- Can someone apply for a unit on my behalf if they are not going to stay there?
A person may only apply if they intend to stay in the unit as well.
- Can I apply if I am a homeowner or have previously owned a home?
Under no circumstance, may a current or previous homeowner be an applicant.
- What will the rental be?
In our Information Booklet on page 3, you will find the average rental per unit size. This can be used as a guideline until you are contacted by the vetting department as you will only know your exact rental, based on your exact income, once your application has been submitted and vetted.
- Will I ever be able to purchase or claim ownership of my unit?
No. Povicom rental units will always be available on a rental basis only. Tenants can never purchase or claim ownership of a unit.
- If I need more information before applying, where do I go?
Read our Information Booklet under the ‘Applications’ tab. If you have further queries, you may complete our contact form under ‘Contact Us’ or you may call us at 021-7610707.
- What are the office hours for calling?
You may call us Mon-Thurs between 8.30am and 4.30pm or Fri between 8.30am and 1pm and between 2pm-4.30pm.
- Can I come in to the office to ask questions?
All queries need to be done via email or telephone call. Only those whom have appointments with a consultant may attend the office.
- Do I need to send in my documents with my application?
If you have your required supporting documents, you may submit it at the same time as your application. If not, you may submit an online application first and your documents afterwards. All supporting documents must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will any other documents be required besides what is requested under ‘Compulsory Supporting Documents’?
If the vetting department requires any other documents, they will contact you once your application has been partially assessed.
- When do I pay the Credit Check fee?
You only pay a credit check fee once your application has been submitted to the vetting department, partially assessed and you have been notified by someone in that department when and how to make payment.
- When do I submit a Criminal Record Clearance?
Once your application has been fully vetted and approved, you will be notified by the vetting department how and when to apply for your Criminal Record Clearance.
- How do I know what I qualify for?
You will find our criteria on page 3 of our Information Booklet.
- How do I know if there are units available for me?
You will find available units for your income bracket under ‘unit’s availability’.
- What if I have not yet received feedback on my application?
The response time can vary, depending on how many applications we have received at a particular time, however, you may follow up via email or call in to our office within office hours.
- What does it mean if my application has been placed on standby?
This means that at the time your application was assessed, there were no more available units according to what you qualify for. If units become available, we refer back to applications on standby.
- Can I apply for a unit for a different income bracket than mine?
No. You may only apply for a unit that your income bracket qualifies for. If there are other members of your household whom are employed, the combined income will determine your income bracket.
- What other criteria do the units have besides my income bracket?
Each unit has a minimum and maximum number of people permitted per household. This is covered on page 3 of the Information Booklet.
- If my application is successful, when can I sign the lease agreement and when can I move in?
The vetting department will contact you regarding the process up to signing a lease agreement as well as up to occupation of the unit.
- When can I view the unit I was approved for?
Once you have signed a lease agreement, our Tenant Liaisons Officer will contact you regarding viewing of the unit.
- Where can I view images of the unit and the complex?
You may find images in our Regent Villas Portfolio under the ‘Projects’ tab.
- If I applied and had a change of income or a change in my household size after I submitted my application, what do I do?
You need to inform us of any changes immediately.